Product Description: 2900
Now there's a SuperGlide for everyone! PullRite proudly introduces its new
SuperGlide fifth wheel hitch that fits "industry standard" base rails!
#2900 ISR Series 20K SuperGlide, Automatically Sliding Fifth Wheel Hitch for Short Bed Trucks
When truck manufacturers decided to expand popular trucks' cab space and decreased the cab-to-axle distance in the bed, fifth wheel hitches that were originally designed to give you a 90º turn with an 8 ft. bed truck could not be used in the new short bed trucks and a solution was needed.
SuperGlide is the only real solution to safely and efficiently regain that 90º turning capability. It's fully automatic, so there's no getting in and out of your truck to throw levers before and after turns like you have to do with other manual slide hitches. With 14" of slide during turns, the SuperGlide quickly moves your trailer away from your truck cab without you having to do a thing! No anticipation...just get in and drive!
And SuperGlide is easy to remove without the need for tools. By easily removing the 40 lb. hitch head that is held in place with a couple pins and clips, then the remaining base is relatively lightweight...second lightest among sliding hitches on the market!
- 20,000 lbs. max gross trailer weight towing capacity
- 5,000 lbs. max trailer pin weight capacity
- 14" of fully automatic slide
- Dual articulating head moves side-to-side and front-to-back during towing for a smoother ride
- Hitch head easily removable with pins and clips...no tools needed
- Locking jaw closes automatically around king pin
- Latch handle locks automatically when locking jaws are engaged
- No secondary locking devices to engage means no reaching over high-sided truck beds to get dirty
- Extended handle keeps you out of the bed
- Precision, laser cut jaw components cradle the trailer's king pin 140º for a secure, tight fit
- Tight fitting parts give you the best ride possible
- Adjustable tension bolt prevents bumping or chucking
- A Capture Plate is required to activate the sliding cam arm
- Hitch comes fully assembled
- Low profile feet are adjustable to center hitch over axle
- High profile feet available (#2708) for truck with high bed sides
- Hitch stands 18.5" to top of hitch plate
- #4424 Gooseneck/Horse Trailer Adapter available
- SAE J2638 tested
- Made in the USA
- NTP 14-3306
A towing system includes each vehicle and component involved in towing. Each item in your towing system has a capacity or weight rating. You trailer has a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, or GVWR. Your truck has a tow capacity, payload capacity, and possibly more. In addition, your fifth wheel hitch has a weight rating. This weight rating must be at, or above, the GVWR of your trailer for you to tow safely. In addition, if your truck can tow larger loads (has a larger capacity) than the rating of your hitch, your system is only safe to tow loads at the lower rating, that of the hitch.
Your mounting kit also has a weight rating, just like your fifth wheel hitch. Many times, these rating are designed to match. But, this is not always the case. Your mounting kit may be higher rated then your fifth wheel hitch, but it also could be lower depending on the components involved. The lowest rating of any one component in the system becomes the rating of the entire system. If your mounting kit is rated to 18,000 lbs., and your hitch is rated at 24,000 lbs., the weight rating of the entire system will not be above 18,000 lbs. Other components in the system could lower the actual system rating further.
It is the end users responsibility to ensure a safe towing experience. To this end, it is your responsibility to ensure that the truck, trailer, hitching components, and all other items involved are rated or have a capacity sufficient for the loads involved.